Thursday 5 April 2007

vintage fajance
















My Stig Lindberg fajans vase, a proud purchase from ebay. Beyond admiring the decoration I wonder if it has a few stories to tell, delivered from California to me with unknown owners before. Here is more of Lindberg's ceramic work.

These tureens at 92 are painted by the same artist as my vase, the bell symbol is that of Inge Klinte. I also purchased a Gustavsberg factory brochure with a key to artists marks.












I have loved Stig Lindberg's work since discovering a vase printed art pillow in Design House Stockholm, Sweden. More Lindberg fabric designs have since been reproduced.

I was so pleased to find bloesem's weekend reads, a wonderful idea, vintage ceramics is a gem of an article.














Finally SKÅL, another fajans piece designed by Stig Lindberg and painted by Inge Klinte.

Glamorous fairy cakes, a pretty reference to finish, to go with the whimsical beauty of the glazed flowers.

No comments: